The average person would be surprised to know where HSM devices are deployed. As they go about their lives and daily business, they encounter activities and processes that are secured by an HSM device. Or should I say should be secured by an HSM. Let us look at a representative sampling of places you might find an HSM:
· Database Encryption to secure data at rest, like MSSQL, MariaDB, and Oracle.
· PKI or Public Key Infrastructure, identify and access control mechanisms for files, communication, and people.
· Key Injection, placing a crypto key into a product or device, establishing identity to manage and control the supply chain, ensuring that the product is genuine.
· Code and Document Signing, to ensure no malware or dangerous code gets deployed and that the creator of the document is known and genuine.
· Blockchain and Crypto Currency, securing the keys and identity of the blockchain users.
· Web and Cloud Access Security, establishing the clear identity of a website and securing the transactions conducted with that vendor.
*If you cannot join the live webinar, a recording of the event will be available afterwards on the Utimaco website, here.
Join our upcoming webinar at 11:00 AM (PDT) on Wednesday August 28th, 2019 with Utimaco Senior Systems Engineers, Randy Petersen and Richard Williamson, to learn how you can enhance security and implement best security practices. The aim of the webinar is to answer the following questions:
· How an HSM works, is integrated with a given application to provide greater security.
· What are the roles of regulatory standards and certification for an HSM.
· How does an HSM secure the previously mentioned use cases.
· What is the current state of the art for Cryptography: RSA, AES and Post-Quantum Crypto.
· How to determine if you have a need for an HSM and what would be the best practices for your specific use case.
After registration via WebEx Event Center, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with all required login information and instruction on how to join the event. During the webinar, you will have the opportunity to ask questions via Q&A, which we will answer at the end of the session. We look forward to welcoming you to our webinar!
Back to overview